If you haven’t yet realized that I’m an unabashed Lupita stan, now’s as good a time as any. I think she’s absolutely gorgeous, and so classy and elegant. Lupita Nyong’o came to SLAY the red carpet at Cannes, resplendent in custom Gucci chiffon. Her makeup was by Nick Barose for Lancôme, and I had to get the full breakdown on that LIP because it is a SITUATION that needs to be replicated. I’m in love. Here’s the scoop!
For the opening night of Cannes, Lancôme Ambassadress Lupita Nyong’o embodied movie star glamour on the red carpet. To compliment her stunning green gown, makeup artist Nick Barose gave the actress dramatic, full brows, elegantly-lined eyes and a bold fuchsia lip.
• Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate
• La Base Pro Pore Eraser
• NEW Miracle Cushion Liquid Compact Makeup in 500 Suede
• Translucence Mattifying Silky Pressed Powder in 550 Suede
• Blush Subtil in Plum Noir
• Le Duo Stick in Suede
• Sourcils Tint Longwear Eyebrow Pen in Noir
• Artliner in Noir
• Le Stylo Waterproof Eyeliner in Noir Intense
• Grandiôse Mascara in Noir Mirifique
• Color Design Lipcolor in Hit List
• NEW Shine Lover Lipstick in Palpitante
• Le Crayon Lip Contour in Plum
So what’s the tip on the lip? Hit List is a bold pink matte lipstick. Palpitante is a sexy, shiny hot pink. And plum pulls it all together and gives it that pop and that edge. Here’s Nick’s tip: “Apply bold bluish pink lipstick (Color design Lipstick in Hit List), then add a bit of sheen using Shine Lover in 373 Palpitante, and trace along the edges to slighly define lips using Le Crayon Lip Pencil in Plum.” Boom. That’s a red carpet lip right there. And that’s the word from my friends at Lancome. Et voila. Do you love it? Because I LOVE IT!
Long may you reign, Lupita. Long may you reign.
** all images via Lupita’s Facebook! Click here to like EVERYTHING <3