Cast your eyes to the top of the screen, and you’ll see my current banner. It holds a very special place in my heart, and it was designed by my friend E-Fresh when we came up with the idea of my creating a website.
On August 14, Afrobella will be a year old. I swore when we first set up the website, I would learn Photoshop and create an amazing logo of my very own. So um, yeah… that didn’t happen. I’m doing fabulous at the writing part, but there are definitely aesthetic issues afoot. To celebrate my first anniversary, I want to give Afrobella a whole new look. And that begins with a fly new logo! If you are an artist, graphic designer, web genius, or all-around creative superforce, listen up! This could be a great opportunity to display your art.
I visualize a beautiful, inspiring logo that goes perfectly with the word itself – afrobella. Black beauty.
The deadline for submission will be August 5, and here are some guidelines.
1. I love the look of the site right now, but this is a free template that several other sites have begun using. I am contemplating a complete site redesign, which could include a new color scheme. I’d like a logo that can go well with just about any background, including the current one.
2. Please submit low resolution (72 DPI) images
in vector format. (I’ve been informed by the homie Bygbaby that designers don’t like to give away their vector designs. So please submit whatever you can, until a winner is determined.)
3. Please don’t send me an image larger than 8×10″.
4. The rest is up to you! In my head, I’ve envisioned something inspired by Mucha’s posters, and I love, love, love Stina Perrson’s work, which I discovered on one of my favorite blogs, Fly. But most of all, I want to see what you come up with!
And now, the most important part of the announcement – what do you win for participating? The winner will get a $50 Sephora gift card, and a hamper of some of the amazing products that I’ve reviewed (and have yet to review). A fabulous write-up and interview with you, putting your website and creative vision in the spotlight. And my undying love and devotion.
E mail all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. I can’t wait to see what you design!!
Sites That Link to this Post
- afrobella » Don’t Forget — the Afrobella Logo Design Contest! | July 20, 2007
- afrobella » It’s That Time Again | August 2, 2007
- afrobella » Last Chance, Logo Designers! | August 14, 2007
- afrobella » We Have a Winner! | August 21, 2007