I’ll admit, I giggled when I saw this video of Donna Brazile and Roland Martin breakin’ it down on What About Our Daughters.

Alright, I didn’t giggle – I cackled out loud when Donna picked it up and dropped it while dancing to the Jackson Five. I laugh because I love. I have crazy respect for Donna. And this video, taken from The New Yorker’s “If I Were Running This Campaign” panel, perfectly illustrates why.

Hat tip to Jezebel for posting, and to my Twitter friend Strictly Fab for the head’s up!

I love that she speaks her truth so clearly. “My black skin doesn’t make me inferior. And might I add, being a female does not make me dumb.” PREACH, Donna! Click here to read more about the New Yorker’s panel.

The final debate will be taking place this Wednesday. We are 21 days away from electing a new leader of the free world. And I fully expect to see a whole lotta political shenanigans fly in the days and weeks to come, because desperate times lead to desperate measures. I’m trying to see past the politics of obvious distraction, to the issues we need to rectify as a country. Holla if you hear me.

What do you think of Donna’s impassioned speech, bellas and fellas? And what do you want to see in Wednesday night’s debate?

COMMENTS

sjay says:
October 13, 2008, 10:17 am
I wanna be Donna Brazile when I grow up!
The TriniGourmet says:
October 13, 2008, 11:03 am
I love her so much. Class, intelligence, beauty, and fierceness all in one :D Who could ask for more! :D
naturally me! says:
October 13, 2008, 1:14 pm
I KNOW THAT'S RIGHT DONNA!!! We should always strive to be the best and bring out the best in ourselves and other people. Those back of the bus days are over. Thank you for that!
Boba says:
October 13, 2008, 2:49 pm
Lol, the first video kilt me. Yes, kilt me. I love Donna. I really just want the election to be over with Barack the winner. I'm not expecting anything diffent from this debate. I can't believe there are still undecided voters at this point. They are so drastically different, how can you be undecided?
InstantVintage says:
October 13, 2008, 5:03 pm
Love her. Love her book. And her interview with Steven Colbert was HILARIOUS!!!
Tamra says:
October 13, 2008, 6:24 pm
THAT was hilarious... Gotta love Donna.
Tamra says:
October 13, 2008, 6:28 pm
Oh, sorry got so caught up in Donna cuttin' loose I forgot to comment on the issues. I just want to know what, in four years, does either of them hope to have *realistically* accomplished. And, if either was able to stay in for eight (but, I guess that may not happen with McCain regardless), how would the US and the world look then vs. now--it's a broad question sure, but personally I think it offers up a sense of the candidates' vision. That make sense?
edessedesigns says:
October 14, 2008, 9:59 am
I LOVE her--she reminds me of my relatives!
Bronze Trinity says:
October 14, 2008, 11:48 am
I just really like Donna. I like her voice and the way she says things. I agree with her on what she has said during the election. She reminds me of Queen Latifah a bit because she is warm and nurturing yet strong and opinionated.
3 Piece says:
October 14, 2008, 7:34 pm
I love Donna Brazile. I enjoyed her commentary after the previous two debates. I agree with her 150% we are not going back. I took my children to the Civil Rights exhibit at the High Museum here in Atlanta recently and explained to my two exactly what she stated. We have come quite far in a limited amount of time and now is the time to push harder, faster and further than before.
Ladene says:
October 15, 2008, 3:54 pm
"My black skin doesn’t make me inferior." i still encounter people in 2008 who would disagree with her. Brazile is genius. such a wonderful role model.
Caribbean Girl says:
October 18, 2008, 1:27 am
I simply love that woman!
Dee says:
October 19, 2008, 1:04 pm
That was powerful. I absolutely loved it!
soccer says:
August 28, 2014, 12:56 pm
Thanks for the marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author. I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will often come back from now on. I want to encourage you to continue your great writing, have a nice holiday weekend!