It’s hard out here for a blogger, bellas and fellas.

I do the best I can to post something for you all to read, enjoy, and discuss five days a week, but of late I’ve been falling short. I had big bold plans of creating a series of awesome YouTube video interviews, but I lack the skill and the time to meet my own goals. Balancing my day job duties with my Afrobella aspirations can be overwhelming, to say the least. Often I feel like a juggler with too many balls in the air, or a plate balancer about to drop all the plates.

So with high hopes, I am turning to you Afrobella readers in an effort to find a very special intern to help me take Afrobella to the next level.

I need someone to help me edit some special celebrity interviews I’ve been working on. I need assistance with transcription, and I’m specifically looking for someone with great organizational and video editing skills, to make some cool clips for the Afrobella YouTube channel, specifically in the vein of the Esperanza Spalding interview I did. It took me WAY too long to work on that, and I need someone who can help me make these projects happen quicker and help me make them better.

Ideally, I’d like someone who can help me for the next two to three months, just a few hours a week. No big deal. We’ll be in touch via e mail and phone, and in return for you helping me edit these celebrity interviews, I’ll give you all the advice I can give about being a blogger, I will help you promote yourself and your video editing skills, and I’ll send you some awesome beauty products!

If you are interested in being an intern for Afrobella, please e mail me at bella@afrobella.com. Tell me about yourself, and send me some YouTube video clips you’ve worked on. This could be the beginning of a beautiful working relationship!

COMMENTS

Kandi says:
November 23, 2008, 9:35 am
Thanks for introducing me to Esperanza Spalding! How did I miss her! What a smooth voice. And she is much more mature than I was at her age.
vanna says:
November 23, 2008, 1:32 pm
I wish I could be an intern! But I don't have any video editing skills. And bloggers only want interns with great skills. Gosh!
sandra G. says:
November 23, 2008, 2:23 pm
Don't forget to post this over at nappturality: some talented folks over there. You may want to post it on the entrepreneurial board. Also, you may want to consider a joint venture with a burgeoning beauty products entrepreneur in exchange for free advertising on your website. Hope you find someone; in the meantime I'll spread the word also.
zoe says:
November 23, 2008, 5:57 pm
hey afrobella! just wanted to let you know i got my package. thanks again:)
regina says:
November 23, 2008, 8:02 pm
I hope you find the help you need so you can lighten your load some. We wouldn't want all those plates and balls falling everywhere!
The Frugalista Files says:
November 24, 2008, 12:44 am
Work it, Bella!
ChocolateOrchid says:
November 24, 2008, 10:27 am
Congratulations, Bella! Afrobella is growing! I hope you find the person you need. If I come across anyone, I'll definitely spread the word.
bella says:
November 24, 2008, 10:29 am
Sandra G- good idea! I will get on and post sometime this week. This week is SO crazy already!!
Patricia Dyer says:
November 25, 2008, 11:13 pm
Suggestion for an intern? Try going to your local universities and tech. schools. They all have career development departments and are always looking for great internships. Or go directly to a media or tech. teacher and ask him/her to refer a student or two. Hope this helps. Good luck. Patricia Dyer Makeup Artist