When Fefe Dobson burst on the scene back in 2003, rock-loving black girls around the world sat up and took notice. Here was a chick who refused to play by the record label rules. Edgy, cute, funky, and totally unique at the time.

She was getting solid airplay on MTV for a minute there, but then she disappeared. What happened?

I wondered when I wrote a loving homage in 2007, but now thanks to a great interview with Honey Magazine, we know what Fefe is up to!

— planning her glorious comeback and releasing new music
— diplomatically defusing those “Rihanna bit your style” allegations
— looking fly as evah!!

I’m team Fefe all the way! And I love her new song, I Want You.

Click here for her official site, and click here to get her new song!

Are you a fan of Fefe? Tell me!

Tagged With: ,

COMMENTS

Sherlly says:
August 27, 2009, 9:35 pm
I'm so happy she's back because she was herself--not buying into the crap of how she should look like or sound like. She was ahead of the curve, and I dug her music and what she was about then and I'm stoked as hell now. Thank you for the post.
Kellie says:
August 27, 2009, 10:47 pm
Love it!!! Love her!!! Love that she's coming back!!! Thanks for the post and the good news!
Tomi says:
August 28, 2009, 2:42 pm
I love Fefe! When I bought her first CD at 15 or 16, she definitely made me feel more comfortable about being a black girl who enjoys music with a little guitar grit. Super happy she's coming back!
Mely says:
August 28, 2009, 5:15 pm
I like Fefe Dobson and I'm glad to see she's back. Not really feeling this song but that haircut in the vid is the stuff.
Shell says:
August 28, 2009, 7:00 pm
I'm glad Fefe is back! I played her CD endlessly when it came out. I still play "Take me Away" all the time.I like the new song and can't wait for the whole CD.
rox says:
August 28, 2009, 7:28 pm
loved this fellow black rock chic & Torontonian from the beginning. It's cool that she has a song that was covered by Jordin Sparks and am even happier that she's back. hopefully for a longer time!
nyc/caribbean ragazza says:
August 29, 2009, 10:49 am
Glad she is back doing her thing!
Karen says:
August 29, 2009, 1:21 pm
I never really listened to her music before but I remember hearing about her. I didn't know she sang rock music though, if I had know I would have paid more attention! Thanks for posting the video. I like it!
Stef says:
August 30, 2009, 11:15 am
I'm not a fan, but I'm glad she didn't give up on her passion. Also: her hair looks GREAT.
ambika says:
August 31, 2009, 4:45 pm
I saw this on TV the other night and wondered the exact same thing--where had she been! She rocks.
Jass says:
September 6, 2009, 7:56 pm
not really a fan , but I love her hair ... it looks so healthy
Nia says:
September 13, 2009, 4:35 am
Its about time. Rihanna has really jacked her style but knowing these youngins now they'll probably accuse her of the jacking!
Alegro says:
January 17, 2012, 4:19 am
I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don't know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you aren't already Oczko Cheers!