Since I started doing my YouTube videos (click here to subscribe!) many readers have been asking me about my skincare regimen, and my favorite product picks. First off, let me make a disclaimer about skin care reviews.
It is possibly THE most polarizing kind of beauty writing, next to hair product reviews. What works for me really may not work for you. If you have super sensitive skin, something I love might exacerbate an existing condition for you. The amazing results one person may have, may not be as amazing for someone else.
I’m particular about my face washes, moisturizers, masks and serums. I hesitate to try just any old thing, having had a history of skin issues – but in the course of being a beauty blogger, I do try to try whatever I am sent. And believe you me, there are a LOT of craptastic face washes cluttering up store shelves out there.
I’ve become picky. I demand results – in terms of texture, efficacy, and quality. Some of these items are pricey, but I love them because they WORK. So having offered that preface, allow me to share some of my absolute highly recommended latest skincare discoveries – face washes, cleansing tools, and facials – based reviews I’ve been doing over the last six months. Get ready for the best of the best!
1.Lancer RX Polish. The Lancer RX brand is the brainchild of Harold Lancer, MD – dermatologist to the stars. So please know that this stuff may cost a pretty penny, but I gotta say, the Lancer RX Polish is one of the finest exfoliating products I’ve ever had the pleasure to experience. Texture wise, it’s in a league of its own. It’s not coarse, it’s not grainy. This is a finely ground exfoliant that sloughs off all the roughness and makes my skin feel like 100% silk. It’s $50, you can buy it through their website. And don’t let your husband know about how awesome it is because he’ll totally use the whole tube. Trust me, I speak from experience.
2. Go Clear Clarifying Cleanser AM/PM. Ever since I moved to Chicago, my skin has gone through some changes. I used to be just oily. Now I’m oily/combination, if such a thing exists. Go Clear manages to help my skin figure itself out. It’s creamy white with little granules in it. It’s both oil free and hydrating. And it leaves my skin feeling clean, pretty, and not all dry and stripped of oil. I love the consistency and how it makes my skin feel. It’s $25 for a 4.4 oz tube – available at Sephora.
3. The Intraceuticals Oxygen Facial. It is billed as “the Hollywood secret,” used by celebrities, dermatologists and fancy schmantz spas all over the globe. Beloved by a who’s who of celebs including Madonna, Naomi Campbell, John Galliano, and Justin Timberlake (who offers the enlightening quote, “It makes my skin look dope.” Thank you, Justin).
I was lucky enough to recieve an Intraceuticals facial here in Chicago at the gorgeous mySpa at the Fairmont Chicago. I didn’t know what I was in for. The Intraceuticals facial is truly like no facial I’ve ever had before. I had the Intraceuticals Opulence Infusion – a light pressure spray of oxygen and serum is applied to your face at very close range. The serum contains Hyaluronic acid, which makes for instantaneous plumping, and visually apparent results. In the same week, I had the enzyme chemical peel done at Eshe Day Spa , and later that week I was invited to recieve the Intraceuticals facial. As luck would have it – the Intraceuticals facial can increase the results of previous skin treatments. So not only did I see instantaneous results after my facial — I swear to you, for the next month or so, my skin was enviably gorgeous and clear. Like, people randomly complimenting my skin on the street, gorgeous. No WONDER Madonna’s into this stuff! For pricing and other information, click here to find an Intraceuticals clinic near you. And please – yet another disclaimer – see a dermatologist if you’ve got ongoing and troubling skincare issues. I’m not a doctor, all I can speak to is MY results with this particular treatment.
4. Clarisonic MIA. I’ve been a Clarisonic stan for a while now and I will continue to preach the gospel! But for travel purposes or subtle countertop display purposes, it ain’t exactly convenient. Which is why I prefer the Clarisonic MIA – it’s cute, portable, and just as effective as its Clarisonic counterparts. Plus the soft rubber duckie color is too cute! $149 – but please believe me when I say the Clarisonic is an investment in improving your skin. So just think, would you rather have a fly pair of heels or a hot purse – or dramatically improved skin? OK then.
5. Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser. I already told you, Mario Badescu is my skincare savior! Everything I’ve tried from the brand has been completely effective. The packaging is no frills and the product is meant to WORK. Right now the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser is changing my life in a special way. For years, I’ve had backne. I usually don’t wear backless clothes because I have breakouts and hyperpigmentation – and I’m SICK of it. I was advised to try this Glycolic Foaming Cleanser and the difference so far is incredible. My back breakouts are far fewer and the skin on my back has become smoother and has a more even overall tone. If I do get a zit on my back, this wash dries it out in no time flat. This product is too harsh for my face, but the back is benefiting from its goodness.
I’ll let you know when the hyperpigmentation has gone away – for now, I’m finally feeling confident enough to try something cute with a slightly more revealing back!
Those are my favorite skincare picks. Have you tried any of them? Let me know your opinions and results!
Sites That Link to this Post
- Day 4: Write a List Post | Blogging for Branding | August 4, 2010
- Day 11: Write a “Top List” Post | Blogging for Branding | May 11, 2011
- New Skincare to Put on Your Radar | Afrobella | April 17, 2013
- New Skincare to Put on Your Radar | April 17, 2013