You spend a nice chunk of time beating your face just right. Skin looks flawless, eye makeup to die for. You’re finally ready to step out and be noticed. And then you get out into that awful summertime heat and humidity, and what happens? That beautiful makeup you took care and time to apply starts dripping down your face.

UGH. I can’t STAND being sweaty, and I hate being oily. But it is a fact of life. Growing up in the islands and then living in Miami, I had to deal with heat and humidity and just know I’d have to reapply my makeup if I intended to spend a lot of time outside in that insufferable weather. But it’s only recently that Skindinavia came into my life. If I had this makeup savior back in the day, I would have been unstoppable!

Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray is a spray on mist you use on your face after putting on your makeup. It comes in different formulations to meet your makeup needs. There’s Cool Flash, which is heat resistant. There’s’ Dance! for active use. The Bridal makeup finish promises to keep you “picture perfect all day.” The 10 Years Younger finish puports to do exactly what it says. And my personal fave is the No More Shine finish, which has been doing its best to keep me matte under the most trying of temperatures.

It doesn’t even matter where I’m going – I need a spritz of this before I leave the house.

Thanks to Skindinavia, my makeup lasted through sweltering July afternoons at the Taste of Chicago. Blush, bronzer, eyeshadow, liner – intact! I have finally discovered how to make my makeup last – primer at the beginning, Skindinavia at the end. Hours of pretty guaranteed.

The No More Shine is most notably effective early after applying – my skin’s oil factor won’t be denied. But the main thing is, the makeup lasts. And when my t-zone becomes inevitably shiny, that’s when I reach for my other must-have – Tatcha Japanese Blotting Papers. But that’s another post, coming soon!

Visit Skindinavia.com to stop your makeup meltdown. Prices range from $12.50 to $39. Try out a 1 oz pocket size spray for $12.50, for starters. Trust me you’ll be hooked!

Tagged With: , ,

COMMENTS

Kimmie says:
July 27, 2010, 1:40 pm
I'm definitely going to try the "no more shine". I'm EXTREMELY oily & hate wearing make-up for more than a very few hours b/c I don't want to walk around greasy. Caking on more powder is OUT! I can't wipe down w/my Oxy pads if I have make-up on; and blotting papers are iffy. So I just don't make-up which I don't like either. I have some events coming up so I'm going to order this right now. Thanks Bella--love ya even though u seriously feed my this product monkey on my back!
Silver Pearls says:
July 27, 2010, 6:59 pm
I will pick up the heat resistent formula as I live in Humidity hell. Thanks AB!
Brown-eyed Girl says:
July 28, 2010, 11:19 am
Thanks so much for this recommendation. I'm sure it will also work for those of us suffering from hot flashes!
GG says:
July 28, 2010, 5:31 pm
Thanks so much for this recommendation! Can you please share what primer you use??
kisha says:
July 28, 2010, 10:22 pm
i'd love to try these myself... @GG-a good eye primer i use which i find to be THE BEST is urban decay's primer potion. i do know of others who like MAC's primer too!
GG says:
July 29, 2010, 3:54 pm
Thanks Kisha!!
Cheap Host says:
November 8, 2010, 2:04 am
I found your web log on yahoo and understand a few of one's posts. Excellent work out!
Jean says:
January 19, 2011, 2:31 pm
Question - what would you recommend if you have both an oily T-zone and lines/wrinkles? Thanks.
TaylorS says:
September 22, 2011, 9:57 am
I wanted to Shielo's Hydrate Mist because i always have to touch up my make up through out the day and i was a little scared spraying any kind of liquid on my face specially after applying powder on my face so i bought one on their website and I keep it in my bag. You have to spray about 3 or 4 sprays and you feel the tightness right away. My make up lasted all day and night i put on my make up in the morning and when i got home at 10:30pm it looked like it did in the morning perfect! I didn't even want to take off my make up because it looked freshly applied. This Shielo Hydrate Mist Spray is awesome if only i heard of it before.
Reviews on Ovarian Cyst Miracle by Carol Foster says:
July 29, 2014, 2:27 am
Appreciation to my father who stated to me on the topic of this weblog, this web site is actually awesome.
maintenance software says:
November 19, 2014, 5:36 pm
Hi, I want to subscribe for this web site to obtain newest updates, therefore where can i do it please help out.