Just in case you want to have a little fun in the kitchen and missed out on my Kenmore cooking demonstration at the Blogalicious conference…here’s a video!

photo by Carol Cain for Blogalicious Conference

Now everyone can see me make DIY beauty products in a faux kitchen!

My first recipe was an at-home hot oil treatment, I mixed coconut oil, olive oil, and castor oil – then added a splash of peppermint oil. I warmed it up on the Kenmore Elite portable induction cooktop – which if you’ll watch the video, you’ll see it heats up SUPER fast! That thing is NO JOKE.

My second recipe was a scalp scrub made with turbinado sugar and olive oil, with a little splash of peppermint oil – and the creator of Swarthy Daisy came up and got her scrub on! Love her and her brand!

I also made the famous oatmeal brown sugar body scrub that my beauty blog bestie Julia of All About The Pretty has used since she was a teen.

So that was my first ever cooking demonstration and you know what? It was FUN! You just might catch me at the Kenmore Live studio here in Chicago doing something similar soon! Click here to follow Kenmore on Facebook and on Twitter.

What’d you think of the demo? And please feel free to share your own DIY beauty recipes, or help me perfect my technique!

COMMENTS

NaturalReview says:
October 21, 2010, 10:58 am
Great recipes! I love Swarthy Daisy too. We are going to plan a meetup together.
Daphne says:
October 21, 2010, 1:00 pm
I use to same hot oil treatment at home(minus the pepperment oil) hmm...I might have to try pepperment! Thx
jacqueline says:
October 21, 2010, 8:40 pm
i jut loved the hair recipes for the body and hair
no name says:
October 27, 2010, 6:14 pm
This is why I prefer to buy my homemade products from carol's daughter.
Radsy says:
October 30, 2010, 3:37 pm
I like the idea of making your own homemade recipes, however I really don't know where to get some of these ingredients. I know you can find olive oil in the supermarket but where can you get the other things such as pure castor oil, coconut oil, and aloe vera gel. I live in New York City and I know you live in Chicago but if you or anyone could give me a general idea of where to start I would be grateful. Would they sell these ingredients in Whole Foods? I really enjoyed your demonstration and would to start mixing things on my own.
Christen says:
September 26, 2011, 11:17 pm
Hey! Love this site and the amazing info and tips! I recently started my own homemade beauty recipe blog -- check it out if you want and give it some love! http://beautysparecipes.blogspot.com/ Thanks for keeping me inspired and learning new beauty tips!
Shirl says:
November 8, 2011, 11:17 pm
Either Amazon.com or TexasNaturalSupply.com
Elite, choice, casino says:
June 21, 2013, 9:07 am
I've master a few excellent stuff the following. Definitely benefit book-marking for returning to. I actually astonish what sort of great deal try out you set to produce this kind of superb useful web site.
air max og says:
April 12, 2014, 10:04 am
DIY At Home Body and Hair Beauty Recipes! | Afrobella air max og http://www.cybersicherheitsrat.de/mogan/air-max-og.html