This weekend the New York Times featured the stunning Esperanza Spalding on the cover, and devoted part of their super stylish, ever inspiring T Magazine to celebrating natural hair. With images this beautiful, I’m motivated to subscribe!

Solange Knowles, New York Times

Solange Knowles for New York Times magazine, photo by Alice O'Malley

The Nightie Aphrodites feature was photographed by Alice O’Malley and styled by Susan Winget. These are stunning images, destined for a million reblogs on Tumblr and buckets of love on every natural hair site around the world. These photos just underscore what we know — that natural hair isn’t just beautiful, it’s elegant and sexy and enviably stylish.

Corinne Bailey Rae for New York Times, photo by Alice O'Malley

Corinne Bailey Rae for New York Times, photo by Alice O'Malley

J’adore.

Solange Knowles’ hair was styled by Chuck Amos for Bumble and Bumble. Corinne Bailey Rae and Les Nubians were styled by Gerald DeCock, using Oribe. (PS: Mr. DeCock your paintings are amazing)!

Click here to drink in the gorgeousness. And thanks to the NY Times for offering a fabulous counterbalance to all that ad world ugliness last week.

What are your thoughts on these photos, bellas? Are you loving it as much as I am?

COMMENTS

Ursula says:
August 22, 2011, 11:27 am
Stunning indeed and really liking that they are black & white photos. That said, would be interested seeing the colour versions. I imagine it would be quite a contrast!
leah says:
August 22, 2011, 11:28 am
those photos are just so classically amazing! it really made me wish even more that i didn't touch my nappiness on my wedding day. but such as life i was still beautiful! thanks for sharing this!
White Mystery says:
August 22, 2011, 3:49 pm
Fantastic photos! It's good to appreciate the elegance and stylishness of natural hair once in a while, especially now that almost all are going for the 'unnatural'. And yes, the tandem of black and white is just as beautiful. These colors, like the beauty of natural hair, are the ones that prove that beauty can be found even in the simplest of things.
KJ says:
August 22, 2011, 4:31 pm
Did you see the fab woman in the smaller magazine with the long and lovely twists? I <3 the NYT!
KJ says:
August 22, 2011, 4:40 pm
Sorry it was the bookshelf section of the Style mag here (http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/12/sister-act/?scp=1&sq=sister%20citizen&st=Search) with a piece on "Sister Citizen"
Zenith says:
August 25, 2011, 3:33 pm
Love, love, loved these pics! Kudos to NYT for presenting these natural ladies in their true splendor. Hopefully, the trend will become a representation of varied styling options. The continued dominant promotion of a straight look is wreaking havoc on the hair and minds of everyone.
LaQueshia Jeffries says:
September 12, 2011, 9:34 am
Corinne is so beautiful to me. The way she sing and carries herself is magnificent. When I think of my future daughters-in-law (too soon, I know) I hope my sons bring home someone as graceful as her.