Last Tuesday in Chicago I had the honor of hosting a very special event. Microsoft debuted their new tablet device, the Microsoft Surface, and I was their official hostess for this incredible evening! A handpicked and intimate group of Chicago tech, fashion and beauty influencers was chosen to come out for this very special event. We gathered at gorgeous, trendy and chic restaurant Japonais to celebrate the occasion. It. Was. Awesome.
That’s me, with Kristina and BJ from Microsoft! Such fun, sweet, awesome ladies!
A small group of Chicago’s best bloggers in the fashion and tech space came out for decadent bites, cocktails with orchids floating it them, and an enjoyable evening learning about the incredible new Microsoft machine that’s made it onto Oprah’s Favorite Things list this year. I’ll tell you more about the event next – this is all about the machine!
I received a Microsoft Surface a few weeks ago and have had the chance to really play with it and test it out. Now you KNOW I’m not a tech person, but I am so into beauty, fashion and FUNCTION. Let me tell you exactly what I love about this new device!
– the size. The Microsoft Surface is petite. It’s light and small and fits into almost every decent purse I own. It fits perfectly into my life. It’s perfect for travel (it fits so awesomely on an airplane’s tray table) and I love that. Because of the portability of it, and the fact that it’s a tablet with a keyboard, it makes the Surface a dream for my busy blogger lifestyle.
– the design. Some devices are made so that you not only have to purchase the device, but you also need all kinds of accessories to make it user friendly and workable like cases and keyboards and stuff. Not the Surface. It’s got a super cool kickstand, which allows for ease of viewing movies, and also ease of hands-free filming thanks to the front and rear facing cameras. Things that make my job easier and more fun.
– the keyboard. I have a thing for keyboards. I enjoy a tablet device, but a touchscreen makes me feel less like I’m doing work and more like I’m playing with a cool toy. With the Surface there’s both the cool-toy-touchscreen aspect AND the Surface comes with these cool Touch Covers in different colors, which are these super sensitive keyboards that are thin, light, and click right on or off the device so easily you will be surprised the first time you try it. Having this TouchCover keyboard takes me from playtime to work in a literal snap.
– the speed. The Surface is a fast, zippy machine with tiles and apps galore to play with that make it super fun to use. There are a few more apps that I’m waiting to come on board, but right now all the major Conde Nast magazines are there with really cool apps and there’s amazing cooking apps like Everyday Cooking which are very inspiring for me on the healthy living tip. Plus the traditional Windows/Microsoft Office stuff is all there so when I’m done scrolling through colorful tiles, I can open up a traditional desktop and create a Word doc or Powerpoint presentation when I have to.
– the coolness factor. Seriously, during our event, EVERYONE who worked the event was like “ooooh, is that the Surface?” “Can I touch it?” It’s just a brand new, cool looking, highly desirable machine right now, and it’s hot for the holidays. They start at $499. Click to get one of your own.
I was honored to be the host for this event, it was SO much fun! Stay tuned for an upcoming post on the evening itself.
Microsoft provided me with a Surface and hired me to host their event, but the opinions here are entirely my own.