A few of my readers (readers! I have readers!! Yay!!!) have advised me to try Miss Jessie’s products for maximum curl satisfaction. And oh, how I yearn to. I would buy the Baby and the Curly Buttercreme. I would throw in a jar of Curly Pudding just for fun. And I would fly to New York, just to have an appointment with Miko and Titi Branch, sisters with some of the most beautiful hair I’ve ever seen.
I would love to get a twist set, too. I mean, look at the photos of all these smiling natural beauties! Iâ€™d be honored to be pictured among them. Really, I would if I could. But I canâ€™t. Why, you ask? Because a jar of Baby Buttercreme costs $58 for a 16 oz jar. That’s right, I said $58. Miss Jessie’s products range from $38 to $58. And that’s online, so you still gotta add shipping. To which I say damn, Miss Jessie! What about the hardworking curly girl?
There’s just no way I can afford to pay that much money for some hair goop. Let me correct myself – I can afford it, I just can’t justify it. I’m the kind of girl who gets real salty about dipping into my hard-earned trip-to-Europe fund for nothing.
Playing with my money is like playing with my emotions.
In order for me to shell out that kind of cash, I would need a 100% guarantee that this product works. And from what I’m reading in the forums of Nappturality.com, NaturallyCurly.com, and MyNatural.com, I am not yet convinced. It seems that Miss Jessie’s is real hate-it-or-love-it stuff. I suspect the strong feelings and the price of the products is directly co-related.
I’m a free sample kind of lady. I need to smell and touch a product before I buy sight-unseen. So if any of you have tried Miss Jessie’s, please share your experiences. If you know where I can try it, let me know. I need some convincing. I have a good feeling that I could fall in hair product love here, but I’m wary of such a costly commitment.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Alternatives to phentermine. | April 4, 2007
- afrobella » The Product Review You’ve All Been Waiting For | April 26, 2007
- afrobella » Afrobella of the Week — Titi Branch, Miss Jessie’s Entrepre-bella | April 30, 2007
- afrobella » Condition Contented | November 26, 2007
- Paging Dr. Miracle | afrobella | February 22, 2008
- Miss Jessie’s Product Review | afrobella | April 23, 2009
- Reader Request: Which “Straight-Size” Shops Have REAL “Plus-Size” Apparel? | Curvy CEO | September 4, 2011