Today is one of my favorite musician’s birthdays, and I just gotta give props to the man who’s been by my side and in my ear during the good times and bad. Stevie Wonder is a musical legend, and today he turns 57. Here’s a link to my last little Stevie tribute, and here’s his video for Lately. It’s very simple — just Stevie and the piano. But oh, that voice. I love the Jodeci version as well, but Stevie’s resonates with my heart. It’s pure and beautiful. Love it. Love him.

Thank you so much for so many years of music, Mr. Wonder. Happy birthday to ya, and here’s to many more to come!
Do you bellas and fellas have a favorite Stevie Wonder song — or more like SONGS? Tell me!

COMMENTS

unknowndiva says:
May 13, 2008, 10:40 am
My favorite song is Ribbon in the Sky!!! I also love Lately....Stevie is definitely one of the greats! Happy B-Day to him!!!!
Danielle J says:
May 13, 2008, 10:55 am
There are too many somgs to name. "Superstition" would have to be my favorite though. Happy Birthday Stevie! Thanks for the great music!
Wes says:
May 13, 2008, 11:13 am
There ARE too many to name.... A few of my all time favorites are Rocket Love, Do I Do, and Ribbon in the Sky... I know I'm forgetting some more but those are the most predominant in my head ;)
Jaime says:
May 13, 2008, 11:19 am
Of course I love them all, but I really love "Overjoyed".
Candy says:
May 13, 2008, 11:41 am
Happy Birthday to ya! Happy Birthday to ya! Happy Birthday! Ohhh... I don't think I have ever even heard a Stevie song I didn't like. But some of my favorites are "These three words," "Sir Duke," "Master Blaster/Jammin.'" LOVE YA Stevie!!!!!!!!!!!!
BluTopaz says:
May 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Wow I didn't know Stevie shares a birthday with my Mom, another reason to love him. Anything from Innervisions is my favorite, and also That Girl is my jam too. Someone mentioned "Overjoyed"-YES, that song always makes me want to cry for some reason but it's so beautiful
TX Girl says:
May 13, 2008, 11:59 am
All of Them. God Bless Stevie Wonder!
SJay says:
May 13, 2008, 12:43 pm
"Joy Inside My Tears" has always been my absolute favorite (I was a kid when my dad bought "Songs in the Key of Life" and I listened to that album NONSTOP for months), but it is even more meaningful now that I have been married 15 years and have children. Those lyrics just rip my heart right out of my chest. Love ya Stevland Morris...you were AWESOME in Houston!
Jerise says:
May 13, 2008, 1:59 pm
"Ribbon in the Sky" forever and always. Happy B-Day, Stevie!!!
Quila says:
May 13, 2008, 2:03 pm
Ribbon in the sky is my favorite love song. I like the remake by intro as well, maybe a little better than Stevie's version, but stevie's is still so beautiful to me. I also love "As" such a beautiful song.
AroundHarlem.com says:
May 13, 2008, 2:15 pm
That Girl ===================== That girl thinks that she's so fine That soon she'll have my mind That girl thinks that shes so smart That soon she'll have my heart She thinks in no time flat That she'll be free and clear to start With her emotional rescue of love that you'll leave turn apart That girl thinks that she's so bad She'll change my tears from joy to sad She says she keeps the upper hand cause she can please her man She doesn't use her love to make him weak She uses love to keep him strong And inside me there's no room for doubt That it wont be too long Before I tell her that I love her That I want her That my mind, soul and body needs her Tell her that I'd love to, that I want to That I need to do all that I have to To be in her love I've been hurting for a long time And you've been playing for a long time You know its true I've been holding for a long time And you've been running for a long time It's time to do what we have to do That girl, that girl That girl knows every single man Would ask her for her hand But she says her love is much too deep For them to understand She says her love has been crying out But her lover hasn't heard But what she doesn't realize is that I've listened to every word That's why I know Ill tell that I love her That I want her That my mind, soul and body needs her Tell her that I'd love to, that I want to That I need to do all that I have to To be in her love Tell her I love her That I want her That my mind and soul and body needs her Tell her that I'd love to, that I want to That I need to do all that I have to To be in her love That I love her That I want her That my mind and soul and body needs her Tell her that I'd love to, that I want to That I need to do all that I have to... Tell her that I love her That I want her That my mind and soul and body needs her Tell her that Id love to, that I want to That I need to do all that I have to To be in her... That girl, that girl, that girl, Oh, that girl, that girl, that girl, that girl...
Mrs.Mckinzie says:
May 13, 2008, 2:53 pm
I truely love every song that this man has made.Happy B-Day Stevie.
willikat says:
May 13, 2008, 3:17 pm
I love Stevie! He always puts me in a good mood. My favorite song is Superstition, esp. the version he rocks out on on his Saturday Night Live appearance, but I love a lot of them for different reasons. That voice!!!
Niki says:
May 13, 2008, 3:33 pm
There are so many... "I was Made To Love Her", "As", "All I Do", "Sir Duke", hell, the entire 'Songs In the Key of Life" and "Inner Visions" albums!
Bebroma says:
May 13, 2008, 4:40 pm
Isn't She Lovely....that song always makes me want to cry. Every little girl should have a daddy love her so much.
pam says:
May 13, 2008, 4:54 pm
Isn't She Lovely. I play that to this day in my IPOD just to get my workout started. My parents bought, Songs In the Key of Life, and like the other person said "PLAYED" it. The album and the 8-track. From California to Tennessee. Happy Birthday Mr. Wonder!!
The Frugalista Files says:
May 13, 2008, 5:12 pm
"That Girl" and "Isn't She Lovely"
philly0309 says:
May 13, 2008, 5:51 pm
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE LOVE STEVIE!!! Everyone who knows me knows what a nut I am about Stevie Wonder. I periodically have Stevie days where I play his music all day long. It all started with my mother playing his Christmas album to me as a child. Ribbon in the Sky, Overjoyed, Living for the City, These Three Words, Knocks Me Off My Feet, Ngiculela-Es Una Historia-I Am Singing, For Your Love, As... I could go on and on and on. I believe we will never see in our lifetime another performer as talented as him.
AmiJane says:
May 13, 2008, 6:14 pm
Stevie is the man, I was just reminded of how strong his voice is today,when I heard his song on the way home. This man has skillzzzz.
Sabrina97 says:
May 13, 2008, 8:01 pm
I love Stevie Wonder! I even remember his guest spot on the "Cosby Show"! Jamming on the one.... classic! As far as songs, I love "Lately", "Overjoyed", "Happy Birthday Martin", and Knocks Me Off My Feet. Did I mention "These Three WOrds" and "Part Time Lover"? Man I could really keep going... Happy Birthday Stevie!
p1tey1 says:
May 13, 2008, 8:52 pm
HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVIE!!!!! I don't have a favorite Stevie Wonder song, I love them all!!!
nolagirl says:
May 13, 2008, 9:02 pm
I love Stevie. Favorite song: Don't Know Why ( I love you) goolge it and Latley... I love a sad love song.
andy says:
May 13, 2008, 9:03 pm
Imdb and wikipedia says he's 58. Happy Birthday Stevie! Every melody that comes out of his mouth is my fave.
Dominique says:
May 13, 2008, 10:17 pm
Happy Birthday, Stevie! My favorites are Knocks Me Off My Feet and Sir Duke.
nyc/caribbean ragazza says:
May 14, 2008, 2:11 am
Happy Birthday Stevie!!! There are too many for me to list. I was just listening to the Close of a Century box set of all his music on my iPod the other day. That CD was one of the best birthday gifts I have ever received.
zenzele says:
May 14, 2008, 2:16 am
"As" is my ultimate favorite song of all time.
consultelaine says:
May 14, 2008, 2:13 pm
On of my all time favorits...Golden Lady.
Randelle says:
May 14, 2008, 3:04 pm
I love Stevie! I don't have an alltime favorite but I love Superwoman, Too High, You and I, and Hey Love.
Doris says:
May 14, 2008, 4:56 pm
My all time favorite is "These Three Words".... ...When was the last time That they heard you say Mother or father, I love you And when was the last time That they heard you say Daughter or son, I love you Ones you say you cherish everyday Can instantly be taken away Then youd say I know this cant be true When you never took the time To simply tell them I love you These three words Sweet and simple These three words Short and kind These three words Always kindles An aching heart to smile inside.... This song is the real deal. Please people, cherish you love ones. In the days that we are living in...tomorrow isn't promised. Peace and Love, Dee
Mikala says:
May 14, 2008, 6:47 pm
I LOVE STEVIE WONDER!! I think I am one of the youngest die-hard fans out there! My favorite songs are Summer Soft, Golden Lady, You are the sunshine of my life among many more (not the songs they play over and over again on the radio..lol). I wish music today could speak to so many different emotions like Stevie can.
Vivrant Thang says:
May 15, 2008, 2:35 pm
It's nice to see so many people loving on Stevie :) You know I had to do an EXTRA long tribute over at Songs In The Key of Life for obvious reasons. LOL! Because of him, I do what I do. According to my Top 50 songs list, "As" and Ribbon In The Sky" are my faves. That was HARD to narrow down. There are so many more but I would have to blog in the comments. I chose my faves from SITKOL (outside of As)to spotlight and they were Sir Duke, Do I Do and I Wish. Pure genius. Happy Birthday to the 8th Wonder of the World. By the way, thanks for stopping by. You have NO idea how right on time that was for many, many reasons. Look forward to your post.
Georgia's Angels says:
May 15, 2008, 9:06 pm
My all time favorite is Purple Raindrops it was the flip side of uptight out of sight.
Home Shopping Channel says:
November 8, 2010, 2:06 am
That’s as well Good, Wow!
Markets Victor Harbor says:
March 9, 2014, 5:23 am
This is exactly what is happening in that industry, and mines can garner a lot of competitors. Email marketing markets 1770 relies on strategy. Yet this expansion in energy production, the stronger the position of being a derivative of another derivative. Here are a few tips for holiday shoppers who purchase a card and for recipients, who may have also gone back as adult learners, to get their perspective on what's happening.
santander buy to let insurance says:
August 8, 2014, 10:20 am
We're talking about treehouse tourism; a rapidly growing niche within in the travel industry that we absolutely adore, not only Mr. That, even more than this limit then you still have air in your tank to start an aquaponic system of your own by taking pictures with a digital safe. The landlord needs to hire a trusted SEO companyIts unfortunate that there letting are still plenty of chances available to you. Lawmakers are expected letting to consider Angelini's bill in the fall.