On today’s News and Notes blogger’s roundtable, I discussed issues weighty and lighthearted with hostess with the mostess Farai Chideya, and bloggers Robert Redding of ReddingNewsReview.com, and Jasmyne Cannick. We touched on Obama’s visit to Iraq, David Paterson’s allegations of “accidental” racism, Michelle Obama’s blog, and… sigh… Star Jones and Al Reynolds. Specifically, Al Reynolds’ YouTube videos. As you might have guessed, I am not a fan. Shudder.

Click here to listen!

COMMENTS

afrobello says:
July 21, 2008, 11:23 pm
How did you cope with Jasmyne Cannick? She's so divisive and self-righteous.
Bebroma says:
July 21, 2008, 11:26 pm
Very nice, bella. I loved the 12 minutes comment, LOL!
Bebroma says:
July 21, 2008, 11:26 pm
Oh, afrobello, I so agree! I thought it was just me.
Mrs.Mckinzie says:
July 22, 2008, 8:26 am
You all did a great job.
bella says:
July 22, 2008, 8:37 am
Thanks, guys! I always listen to myself like three times afterwards and rate how I answered the questions (and if I managed to cut down on my "um, I mean..." fallback whenever I'm unsure of what I'm about to say. Didn't do so great this time LOL). Nice to know you thought I did a good job =) Afrobello and Bebroma -- the coolest thing about the blogger's roundtable is the diversity of opinion. They throw together people who are disparate in opinion and approach, so I think Jasmyne is a good contributor -- she always has an opinion that's worth discussing. It makes for good radio, I think!
Bebroma says:
July 22, 2008, 9:25 am
Actually, it wasn't so much the content of what she said -- I could see her point and agreed on some things -- as how she expressed it. But we all have our different styles, we're not cookie cutter people. Variety is the spice of life.
NellieD says:
July 22, 2008, 10:56 am
Congratulations! I'm super proud of you!
mixie says:
July 22, 2008, 11:24 am
It is really nice listening to clever speak sharing their opinions. Thank you for putting this up! PS: There is just something peculiar and a little bit off (IMHO) about Al - poor guy. :-)
nolagirl says:
July 22, 2008, 2:58 pm
Loved it! thanks for posting can't wait until you are on again. on a side note Star Jones did not lie about her gastric bypass surgery she said nothing and said that she would not say anything, we all knew... ( or most of us did).
afrobello says:
July 22, 2008, 7:52 pm
I'll admit, my opinion of Cannick comes from reading her blog. It's informative but obviously missing a sense of personal responsibility. For that alone, I haven't listened to the NPR bit yet. YOU would definitely be my reason for tuning in, Bella.
ceecee says:
July 23, 2008, 10:38 am
lol I like Jasmyne
Gilberto Lombardo says:
July 27, 2012, 8:02 pm
Very interesting details you have noted , thankyou for posting . "Jive Lady Just hang loose blood. She gonna handa your rebound on the med side." by Airplane.