I totally meant to post something fun and fabulous before I left… but that didn’t work out. Time came down on me like a hammer, and the day of the trip turned out to be crazy. But I just wanted to let all of you know that I’m in Las Vegas for my sister in law’s 70’s themed karaoke wedding! Won’t be back to regular posting until next Tuesday.

I’m staying at the stunning Green Valley Ranch Resort just off the Strip, and bellas let me tell you — this place is stunningly gorgeous. The pool looks like a scene from Entourage or something — amazing cabana beds as far as the eye can see, and the iconic buildings of the Strip glittering in the distance. This post will be short and sweet, as my in laws are all waiting for me down at the pool.

Thanks to all of you who advised me on 70’s dresses for full figured bellas like me – I chose this gorgeous silky dress in the Cosmo pattern, so it’s a modern (read: flattering) fit with the fun Seventies-type style I was looking for. Expensive, yes — but it fits like a dream. Kiyonna is back in my good books!

While I am here I am hoping to meet up with two of my favorite beauty blog buddies — Lianne the Makeup Girl and Christina of Christina Loves.

I will try to post a little while I am here, but HEY! I’m on vacation!! So maybe some time away from the computer is necessary.

Look out for longer posts next week, and for those of you following me on Twitter, I’ll be posting regularly from my phone.

Happy weekend, bellas and fellas!

** I don’t even have access to my FTP, so the image of the strip above is from here.

Filed Under:Uncategorized
Tagged With:

COMMENTS

Shell says:
September 18, 2008, 3:43 pm
Hey girl, have fun at the wedding. I like the dress you got from Kiyonna. Whenever I get married, I want to do Vegas too.
Mrs.Mckinzie says:
September 18, 2008, 4:11 pm
Have a great time,and congrats to the newlyweds.
Wes says:
September 18, 2008, 5:09 pm
Oh wow! Enjoy yourself... I agree w/ what you said- sometimes you DO need that time AWAY from the pc (and technology, period!). Have fun!
Fresh says:
September 18, 2008, 6:01 pm
OH Your Going to Love Vegas!!!! Enjot it while your there and mos def STAY AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!! LOL!! This blogging can get a little addictive...
AmiJane says:
September 18, 2008, 8:06 pm
Oh you're in my town now! Enjoy and don't spend all of your money;)
ceecee says:
September 18, 2008, 8:25 pm
make sure you go to Miracle Mile Mall!
InstantVintage says:
September 18, 2008, 11:18 pm
Have fun, bella! Enjoy it! There is so much to do, so don't you dare stay in that room admiring it. =P
heyhey says:
September 19, 2008, 1:30 am
Ooh Karaoke wedding! That's brilliant. And I remember Green Valley Ranch from the reality series ("American Casino") and it looked like a lovely oasis a few miles from the strip. I'm sure you'll have an awesome time!
Yolanda says:
September 19, 2008, 7:57 am
Bella, You're back. I was beginning to worry something had happened to you! Do I sound like your mother? :) Anyway, I realized how much I count on your daily commentary and news. You help to keep me up to date, and I am always interested in what you have to say. All that to say, we miss you. Have a blast!!!! You deserve it. Yoli
Get Togetha says:
September 19, 2008, 9:08 am
Have fun Bella. I love unique "out of the box" weddings.
Exquisitely Black says:
September 19, 2008, 12:39 pm
Oh, wish I'd known you were coming, could have told you a few nice places to eat, shop, etc. Welcome to the city that I call home. Hope you have a great time and yes, Green Valley Ranch is beautiful, lot's of good shopping options near you too.
GloLady says:
September 19, 2008, 2:35 pm
Have plenty of fun! And yes, please review the hotel and all. We hope to make it out there since we just moved to Wyoming(zzz--zzzz)
chocopina says:
September 19, 2008, 4:21 pm
I don't know how long you are there for, but you are still in town on Sunday evening. I strongly recommend seeing Purple Reign at the House of Blues in Mandalay Bay. They are a Prince Tribute band that is out of this world! If I remember correctly their show it at 10pm with a $10 cover.
Bebroma says:
September 19, 2008, 5:00 pm
I want to hear about this wedding! It sounds like a good time will be had by all.
J.Sampson says:
September 19, 2008, 7:19 pm
Enjoy Bella! I live in Vegas and love it when I'm not in Vegas more than I love being in Vegas :). I like the Green Valley Ranch area it's a very un-Vegas part of town.
Erica says:
September 19, 2008, 10:00 pm
Have a fantastic time, darlin'. And as a wedding blogger, I have to say- that wedding sounds like so much fun!
Noreena says:
September 19, 2008, 10:14 pm
This is a huge weekend in Las Vegas because BlogWorld expo is this weekend. I love, love, love Green Valley Ranch. I go there often and that's where Michael Jackson stays sometimes. It's truly first class and the new mile is out of this world. Enjoy your stay.
brightstarr says:
September 20, 2008, 11:40 am
Ok, I'll admit it - I'm jealous. But have some fun for me and I agree with everyone else - STAY OFF THE COMPUTER. I look forward to the recap of the wedding, sounds like it's going to be tons of fun. How did you style your hair?
SoFrolushes says:
September 20, 2008, 1:55 pm
Vegas seems so pretty. I think I am officially due an american holiday. the dress looks lovely
flygyrl72 says:
September 21, 2008, 1:51 am
Have fun Bella! Don't gamble too much! ;-)
Keith says:
September 21, 2008, 11:00 am
That's really cool. I hope you have a great time there.
regina says:
September 22, 2008, 2:35 pm
Enjoy yourself, because we all know that "What Happens In Vegas, Stays In Vegas"!!
Lauren says:
September 22, 2008, 5:28 pm
Hope u had a great time at the wedding! hurry back please, need posts now!
Bizzle says:
September 24, 2008, 1:32 pm
Big City and Flash lights what goes in Vegas stays in Vegas.. :-)
Alicia says:
September 25, 2008, 9:46 am
Karaoke wedding in Vegas, do tell! PLEASE write about this one when you get back. alicia http://todaystyle.today.com/