I’ve expressed my admiration for UK plus size retailer Dorothy Perkins before — oh how I WISH that this store was stateside! Or at least that American plus size retailers would take a tip from DP and start offering cute on trend dresses and knitwear at reasonable prices.

Like take this dress for example. If this was being sold in the USA, I’d already own it. I would have worn it to my Red Pump Project fundraising event last night. But alas, I may have to make my first ever trip across the pond to experience this kind of shopping glory.

But in the meantime, the dear sweet folks at Dorothy Perkins reached out to ME, lil ol’ me, to be featured on their Style Society blog, as part of their Going Out, Staying Out series.

Click here to read all about what it’s like for me when I’m getting ready for a night out.

pets says:
December 3, 2009, 10:15 pm
Liked the post. I have one DP long sleeved size 10 scoop- necked top in a golden brown colour- it was on sale - it is from when I was living in London in....2001! and it still looks great! They make lovely clothes.
NappturallyHappy says:
December 4, 2009, 12:58 pm
DP does indeed have great styles across the board. And not too expensive either, even with the exchange. You could always shop online if you know your sizes in the store.
Bunniecakes says:
December 4, 2009, 4:33 pm
These dresses are gorgeous! I would love to order one for New Year's. Does anyone know if they are suited for curvier women (i.e. size 12/14, hips and derriere)? I will have to order online since I am stateside. Thanks for any feedback.
Be Regret Free says:
December 4, 2009, 5:04 pm
Show your support and check out this HIV/AIDS awareness psa at: www.youtube.com/beregretfree Please leave a comment. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
DJ_CagedBird says:
December 4, 2009, 9:33 pm
I LOVE, CHERISH AND ADORE DP!!!! I am about a size 16/18 and their skirts are very flattering. this is one of VERY few sites online that ive actually risked shopping from that suits my sense of style. there is something on this site that every woman will love. the clothes are very flattering and they go up to a size 24 i believe..the prices are reasonable in terms of the styles they have available. I am going to purchase a jacket from them next..
vonnie says:
December 5, 2009, 1:01 pm
wow, they have some awesome clothes...that looks good :) have you tried the new plus line at forever 21? It has cute stuff, check it out online, good prices. Von
Bahati says:
December 5, 2009, 3:12 pm
I love their stuff!!!! I just hate paying the shipping cost.
Angie says:
December 6, 2009, 12:54 pm
Their clothes are cut for a fuller figure, even the smaller sizes. I wear a UK 16 and normally need a 14 from DP as their sizes come up a bit big in my opinion. Keep an eye out for the Sale starting Boxing day (26th Dec), normally they have great reductions.
JenG says:
December 7, 2009, 11:29 am
Thanks for the information on plus-size clothing. Nice things are hard to find, so I appreciate the info!
bagslag says:
December 7, 2009, 2:26 pm
You can't beat dotty pee's! Great dress and great price!
SoFrolushes says:
December 7, 2009, 5:30 pm
DP has such nice clothes and they cover all sizes just about. Looks like I NEED to invest in one these dresses. I just wish their staff would stop asking me if I want a store card. That irks me
Tricia says:
December 7, 2009, 6:08 pm
Yes that is the nick name we use here - Dotty Pee's! We grew up with it - never lets you down.
Nepenthe says:
December 10, 2009, 2:23 am
Oooh.. lovely website. Always happy to be directed to a new plus size vendor. :] Do you know how the UK sizes scale to US sizes?
Special K says:
December 10, 2009, 5:44 pm
wow! that dress is awesome...do they have them in non-plus sizes also?
play minecraft says:
September 4, 2014, 6:50 pm
Howdy! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading your posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects? Thanks for your time!
Quest Bars says:
September 24, 2014, 7:58 pm
First of all I would like to say superb blog! I had a quick question in which I'd like to ask if you don't mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your mind before writing. I've had a tough time clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out there. I truly do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or tips? Appreciate it!