Sad news, via What Would Thembi Do — television and theatrical actress, Alaina Reed Hall, has passed away from causes believed to be related to breast cancer.

I recently paid homage to Alaina in my Sesame Street birthday post just a month ago. Sad to know that she is gone. But her legacy of work will forever live on. Whether you loved her best as Rose on 227, or as Olivia on Sesame Street, her talent was undeniable.

Rest in Peace, and sing with the angels Alaina.

COMMENTS

Frugalista says:
December 18, 2009, 12:35 pm
OMG! I can't believe this! Thank you for sharing this article and may her soul rest in peace.
sewingoesgemini says:
December 18, 2009, 1:43 pm
OMG i am so sorry to hear this may she RIP :(
Chic Chocolate says:
December 18, 2009, 2:32 pm
So sorry to hear that. I really enjoyed her work. She will be missed. God bless her life.
Denise says:
December 18, 2009, 4:27 pm
RIP!
pets says:
December 18, 2009, 5:19 pm
Sorry to hear but she has made a difference.
Tammy says:
December 18, 2009, 5:37 pm
Sad news indeed. Peace.
warrior11209 says:
December 18, 2009, 9:32 pm
OMG , I had not heard about he passing. She will be missed! Thanks 'Bella for keeping us informed
warrior11209 says:
December 18, 2009, 9:33 pm
I meant to say , "I had not heard about her passing"
Shell says:
December 19, 2009, 12:52 am
I'm sorry to hear this. I grew up watching Alaina on Sesame Street and 227. May she rest in peace.
Spinster says:
December 19, 2009, 1:55 am
Damn. What a year. :-/ May she rest in eternal peace.
Healthy Locs says:
December 19, 2009, 5:31 am
OMG I didn't know about this. So sad. I loved her on Sesame Street & 227. Ase to your soul Alaina !
Debbie McIntyre says:
December 19, 2009, 2:46 pm
I am in a State of Shock, I knew Alaina from Off-Bway and Broadway before she moved to LA!! I did not know she was sick!! May she rest in peace!!
Debbie McIntyre says:
December 19, 2009, 2:49 pm
I heard about Alaina passing two days ago and still can't beleive it!! I knew her before she moved to LA!! May she rest in peace!!
Adrian says:
December 19, 2009, 4:12 pm
Ihave loved her for my entire adult life and I so appreciate her life and talent and the contributions she has made to this earth. Lov you ALIANA and you will be missed. Adrian
Queen Melmendi says:
December 19, 2009, 11:48 pm
=*{ I'm saddened to hear this, but thanks for passing the news along. You picked a wonderful clip of her from Sesame Street. I love that song. I watched 227 growing up, and she was a major part of that show being as great as it was.
sadone says:
December 20, 2009, 5:57 pm
My heart is sad when I was watching the webcast of the West Angeles Church of God in Christ and Bishop Charles Blake announced that one of the members had passed which was Alaina Reed Hall. My mouth dropped. I loved her on Sesame Street and 227. Rest in Peace Alaina!
Lee says:
December 20, 2009, 8:25 pm
Sad news. RIP Alaina Reed Hall.
Dominique says:
December 21, 2009, 10:59 am
Thanks for posting about this. I loved to watch 227 and I remember her from Sesame Street. She was incredibly talented and will be missed.
Roxanne says:
December 21, 2009, 4:45 pm
I have such found memories of Sesame Street and I loved 'Olivia.' So sad to hear about Alaina's passing.
Linda says:
December 21, 2009, 6:33 pm
Alaina will be missed. I found out she was very sick over the summer. We became close when she lived in Jersey. I will miss her very much. Rest well my friend you will be missed
Nia says:
December 22, 2009, 2:14 am
I HATE CANCER!! Iam so sad! I saw her on a special discussing her victory over breast cancer. I think it was on HBO. (Also featured Diane Carroll). She talked about living...her husband was a great support to her. I will defintely pray for his broken heart and her family.
Barry Keating says:
January 3, 2010, 11:49 pm
Alaina was one of the most beloved and dazzling cabaret performers of all time. I'll always remember her stunning, moving, glorious singing of Jim Steinman's Heaven Can Wait. Heaven did have to wait for her a little, but she is singing there now with the other angels. God Bless her.
tami says:
February 1, 2011, 11:58 am
Why do everyone say its cancer???!! Her 1st husband died of aids while they where together.... So now its breast cancer....A lot of singers/actors are dropping dead of UNKNOWN reasons.. You KNOW. Also from what I KNOW Rick James true cause of death was aids related....
Nikki says:
February 16, 2011, 11:13 am
Not that it matters, but he was her second husband, (Kevin Peter Hall), and he died back in 1991 from HIV/AIDS contracted through a tainted blood transfusion. Both diseases suck, and I can't understand why we can't find a cure for either of them.
Paul says:
June 9, 2011, 12:12 pm
It WAS cancer. She was a soldier and fought it for three long years. She is sadly missed.