Yes of course, grown folks love Christmas too. But there’s no denying the fact that Christmas is for children. It’s all about seeing those little faces light up, after the perfect present has been opened. I have scoured the internet to find five wonderful gift items for the little afrobellas in your life. Click to order now if you wanna get any of these items in time for December 25th!

Rahel, of the Hearts 4 Hearts Girls.

If you’re against dolls that represent an unrealistic standard of beauty and you want your little girl to play with dolls that she can relate to – you need to know about the Hearts 4 Hearts Girls. Each doll represents a real little girl from a country that could use financial support. When you buy a Hearts For Hearts Girls doll, a portion of the purchase price is donated to children’s causes in those countries.

Rahel is described as “a girl with a giving heart,” and she represents a little girl from Ethiopia. I think she is GORGEOUS, she’s the kind of doll I would have loved as a little girl. The website even cautions on how best to care for her lush curly hair – “Because of the curly nature of Rahel’s hair, we do not recommend harsh brushing or combing. Gentle grooming produces the best results.” Well HEY, that’s a valuable lesson for little girls with natural curls to learn from early on! You can get Rahel at Toys R Us for $24.99.

The Sesame Street I Love My Hair tee.

Everyone LOVED
the original video and the Willow Smith mashup. Not everyone is loving the original choice of model by licensed screenprinting company Mighty Fine. The model has since been removed, BTW – but the tee remains and it is SUPER CUTE. My one complaint – this is a juniors tee that doesn’t come in plus sizes. Hopefully the powers that be at Sesame Street and Mighty Fine recognize their shortsightedness and start providing their styles in larger sizes soon. I’d totally rock this tee if I could! $25.

Products by Cara B Naturally.

Chemical free, all natural, and dedicated to maintaining your little one’s natural beauty – Cara B Naturally is the product line I wish existed when I was a kid. This line of children’s hair and body care products are free of parabens, petrolatum, phthalates, sulfates, mineral oil, artificial fragrances and preservatives – and the packages come illustrated with a beautiful drawing of the kind of kids the Cara B product line is made for! The gift basket with the entire product line is $60, or if you wanted to put together a girly hair-related gift basket, you could include the $10 moisturizing hair mist and $13 leave in conditioner/daily moisturizer and stop by your nearest Claire’s Accessories to get some colorful hair clips.

Hairbands by Boutique De Bandeaux.

If your little bella has a touch of Willow Smith fashionista in her spirit, then she will L-O-V-E how pretty her hair looks when she wears one of the beautiful natural hair accessories by Boutique de Bandeaux. There are gorgeous statement making headpieces for stylish adults and beautiful brides. And for little ones who love tiaras and such, there’s the “La Soeurette” silver knot headband. The glitzy part is made of lightweight silver tone snake chains, layered and soldered together to create an intricate oversized knot motif. The backing is made of silver grey super-stretchy elastic, and each one is made to order, so it will fit perfectly! $25.

Cool, cute inspirational books like Same Difference and I LOVE my Cotton Candy Hair!

You can do the best that you can to reinforce that your little girl is beautiful just the way that she is, and kiss and her and hug her and tell her every day that she is special. But outside forces will do the best to steal her joy. Messages at school and on TV can weigh on your self esteem at a tender age, if left unchecked. So I’m a big fan of buying the kinds of books and sharing the kinds of lessons that inspire and feed a little girl’s self esteem, by letting them know their hair texture and skin color are as perfect, precious, and unique as the snowflakes. Nicole Updegraff’s I LOVE my Cotton Candy Hair! celebrates the unique beauty of natural hair, and Same Difference by C.G Rawles takes on the topic of differences in skin tone between cousins. Both are beautifully illustrated, and perfect for reading aloud with your little girl!

I hope I provided some great suggestions here! What are you getting your little girls for Christmas?

Wordyless says:
December 14, 2010, 7:14 am
Cute ideas. I'm going to shre this post with my FB friends.
The Cubicle Chick says:
December 14, 2010, 8:44 am
I've got to get that I Love my Hair Sesame Street tee for my 6 year old! These are excellent gifts for natural little girls. Me loves!
NewNaturalista says:
December 14, 2010, 8:48 am
I want the first doll for myself! :) This entire thread would be a great gift for a little natural girl. Thanks for the inspiration and ideas!
Ericka says:
December 14, 2010, 9:39 am
ooh, and don't forget about Andreas/FlyGirls new prints for a little girls room, they are so cute:
TheCurlStation says:
December 14, 2010, 12:20 pm
Absolutely LOVE THESE!!! Thanks for sharing!
fabdogooder says:
December 14, 2010, 12:43 pm
Oh my goodness My little girl would love these! It has also been a challenge do here har because she has SO much of it. Thanks for telling us about the products.
TAB says:
December 14, 2010, 5:05 pm
Thanks for this post. As the mom of sons, I think these positive messages are important for them to hear/experience too - both in how they view black girls/women and how they view themselves. Love this list.
Margaret says:
December 15, 2010, 3:31 pm
Don't forget Lulu from Karito Kids (I & II), she's a doll (literally and figuratively!)! Then TRU has their own line now called Journey Girlz! Taryn is a real cutie and has a big ole afro! LOL!
Purple says:
December 15, 2010, 10:19 pm
Ooh, I love that doll!!
Linda says:
January 10, 2011, 12:50 pm (800) 421-5354 Type in "Dolls" Also, request a free catalog. They have DARLING African-American, Hispanic & Asian boy & girl toddler dolls. 15" tall, all soft vinyl with rooted hair & stationary acrylic eyes!
toronto christmas gift baskets says:
October 8, 2013, 3:42 pm
Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask. Would yoou be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a blog post or vice-versa? My blog covers a lot of the same subjects as yours and I think we could greatl benefit from each other. If you are intyerested feel free to send mme an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Fantastic blog by the way!
free sample makeup says:
June 6, 2014, 2:24 pm
Ahaa, its nice dialogue regarding this post here at this website, I have read all that, so now me also commenting at this place.
install tub butterfly world pompano beach says:
July 19, 2014, 9:37 pm
Most toilets will have a waterline that is etched into the tank wall to help as a guide. Perhaps each toilet flush is becoming a little slower, or the tub isn't draining after a shower, or an ominous noise is emanating from the sink. A new toilet will give the bathroom an up-date, sleek touch.
moving Companies nashville tn reviews says:
July 24, 2014, 7:14 am
Be honest and accurate - When you fill out each quote you have to be as accurate as you can be. These are the small distance shifting companies offer their good quality services within the city or in range of 50 to 70 km distance. This will enable them to bargain well and save money.
celebrity prom dress store in dallas tx says:
July 27, 2014, 12:36 pm
One function of the bustle and the hoopskirt was to make the waist look smaller and to enhance the bust. So, all of them will buy a pair of beautiful chinese embroidered shoes without any hesitant. You will be excited watching your kids in pastel tones especially when summer comes.
moving companies las vegas nevada reviews says:
July 31, 2014, 6:30 pm
You will have to pay to have the utilities turned on, buy groceries, stock up on cleaning supplies and re-key the locks. When you need to move a business from one state to another, you will most likely need to go for the option of choosing from a list of different interstate moving companies and hiring the services of one. Whether you’re a large business looking to move your office block to a new location or just a small home owner that is having interstate moving in mind, there are plenty of options to move to Melbourne safely that are worth your while.
how to get a perfect fake tan says:
August 5, 2014, 3:22 pm
You can keep your spray tan longer by using products that will not only preserve its color but also enhances it. So try to follow the tips aforementioned to get rid of the farmer’s tan. Every bride wants to look their radiant best on their wedding day.
house moving companies in houston texas says:
August 8, 2014, 12:00 am
For a start, they have a short product life cycle, from product development to marketing. Despite the conveniences your company offers to your customers, you may be seeing an unwanted decline in business. Therefore if you’re moving anywhere in Australia such as Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, Darwin, Townsville and any other state or if you are moving to or from Australia, be sure to obtain the services of a decent overseas moving company.
gold's gym pagani clothing nz says:
August 15, 2014, 10:06 pm
When I was 16 years old, I broke a bone in my foot and, rather than seeing a doctor or getting an x-ray, I continued walking on it for days. There are many names for herniated disk: ruptured disk, slipped disk, bulging disk, crushed disk, compressed disk, etc. Insect silver fish damage is something you might not even know you have.
home owner association blount plumbing pompano beach says:
August 16, 2014, 9:58 am
However, if you are remodeling your kitchen, you should preserve the originality of your kitchen and only apply essential components from the new layout that you have picked, this kind of as only including stools but trying to keep other things, or maybe only rearranging the placement of the components of the existing island. A few indulgent upgrades to build cooking more interesting are welcome enhancements, too. If you have you ought to really just simply following that link.
cloud storage companies to invest in says:
August 21, 2014, 10:51 pm
What an exciting time it can be and with so many details to work out, it can be overwhelming too. Choosing the right moving company is not an easy process and we recommend to start your search as soon as you decide to move. Stacy - Consistency is key, and taking on the responsibility of the success or failure of your work and efforts is important, They (the artists) are in control of anything positive or negative that comes their way.
Boca Raton CPA supplies canada says:
August 27, 2014, 10:23 pm
Some booksellers give on-line rate reductions which are not available in store. In this article I guide the students that how they can pass the exams and how can they get the certification for the latest knowledge this certification exam students click at accounting firms uk or visit its Limited company formation in uk its better for your bright future and will helpful to attain the IT certification for more information touch with me. Also, by keeping separate books and records for a particular business segment of your overall business, you may qualify for a change of accounting method for that segment.
Deck Crock Pot Freezer Meals says:
September 12, 2014, 5:32 pm
I also like that they are wrapped individually so I may open the package and take out what I need without worrying about re-wrapping the rest to prevent freezer burn. They just launch in to the next part of their game. They are forms of storage that allow us to store and protect our food from bacterial growth and spoilage.
weight loss pills says:
September 19, 2014, 6:58 am
-The test was done incorrectly for example perhaps the test was not saturated entirely in urine. Let these mistakes be your motivation for enhancing your body further. HCG diet materials stress the importance of sticking to this diet.