I absolutely LOVED everything about hosting this giveaway. I love the prize I’m giving. I love your responses to my question. And I LOVE that 84 of you took the time to go to the I <3 BKFST page and make the pledge to support the girls at Grace House. Thank you!
Without further ado, here are the 10 winners and their answers, which range from short and sweet, to long enough to include a recipe!
1. Court – Hey! I’m a newcomer to your site and I really enjoy your articles. I did rules # 1 & 2. I find it amazing what the Grace House has been doing and I am surprised that I’ve never learned about their efforts before today. I believe breakfast is important because without it I’m not really myself during the day. I’m sluggish, tired and grumpy. Not to mention hungry! Breakfast stimulates me whether that’s in the classroom, at home or at work. It gets my mind going, my stomach full, and my mind and body feeling energized. Without it I am physically weak, seriously. I have low blood pressure and if I skip meals I am likely to faint so it’s very important for me to eat each meal throughout the day. Plus, the Nutrition major in me tries to make sure every meal I eat is nutritious and includes almost every food group. I’m a big juice, cold cereal, and bagel fan in the mornings!
2. AnnellaBella – A good breakfast to me means a clear head, tons of energy, and controlled hunger pangs all day long. I make it easy by making a big batch of slow-cooker oatmeal at the beginning of the week and each morning I alternate the fresh and dried fruits I stir into it: bananas, raisins, blueberries, and apples. Yummy!
3. Alexi Hemley – I did rules #1 and #2 .. A good BKFST means increases my metabolism by not skipping meals and having enough energy to make it thru my day!
4. Kbrimm – I took the pledge and of course like you on facebook! A good breakfast means a good day to me! If I dont eat breakfast in the morning then I encourage everyone to stay out of my way! I will not be a pleasant person. It also means that I will more than likely stay on track to eat better throughout the day since I started the day off that way.
5. Dawn – Greetings! I visited the I <3 BKFST page on Facebook and posted the message “I <3 BKFST and I <3 Afrobella!” (which is true since breakfast is my favorite meal and Afrobella has given me some wonderful information for me and my daughters' hair). I also took the BKFST pledge to support the girls of Grace House and I have been a friend of Afrobella on FB for a while now. Having a good breakfast means that not only will I have energy and a productive positive day but that my daughters will have one as well. Growing up with my grandmas I was taught early on that eating healthy affects everything from my physical to my mental and spiritual health. We always started the day with a good balanced breakfast. I make sure that daughters have the same benefits I had growing up and I make sure that I do the same for me (if mommy isn't healthy and happy that throws everything off). I remember substitute teaching elementary school right after college and having little kindergarteners tell me they were hungry early in the day because they didn't have breakfast. It broke my heart knowing they had to try to learn and focus on an empty stomach. I commend you for supporting this cause and for reminding me how much work is needed so that all our children can be healthy and happy. Many blessings and happy holidays! 6. Lenée : A good breakfast, to me, means the nourishment we need to get our days started. A good breakfast sets the tone for the entire day. If we aren’t adequately sustained, we can’t do or be our best 7. Karen T - I just started working from home in June and got into some REALLY bad food habits in terms of going hours without eating and then wondering why I was exhausted or starving at the end of the day. I relocated in September and made the decision that the new atmosphere would also get new habits. The very first habit was to eat breakfast every morning. It has made a tremendous difference in my daily focus – hence, productivity. Then I started getting really creative with it. I had the standard staples of toast, boiled egg, cereal, etc. Then I found this amazing recipe for broiled grapefruit with brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon. I add a little turkey bacon to make sure I have protein. It feels so elegant that I started eating it on my mother’s china that I used to reserve for special occasions. So now breakfast means elegance and grace and I just can’t live without it! Needless to say, my productivity is thru the roof now! 8. Sharomine Martin - A good breakfast means energy and brain food for the day. I enjoy juicing and smoothies for a quick start. Freshly juiced apples are 1000% better than bottled apple juice. This morning I munched on Cranberry Nut trail mix – more of an on the go breakfast. On the weekends I am more likely to consume a fuller breakfast…steel cut oats, fried potatoes, yogurt w/ fruit, etc. Breakfast breaks the overnight fast and energizes my body! 9. Sabrina B - As a natural, I am more conscious of what I put in my body. Breakfast is essential for me to guarantee a productive day! I am a southern-gotta-have-grits-for-breakfast girl but I LOVE fruit so I usually have that with a small bowl of honey nut cheerios. Breakfast is awesome! I eat it at night too. 10. Tanisha - Eating a good breakfast for me is the most important meal of the day. Its literally my fuel because I have so much to do between working school, being a mom and a military wife, etc… I also work out and without breakfast I have no energy and have even gotten sick when I didn’t eat a healthy breakfast. So, its imperative to me that everyone strive to make breakfast a priority and start their busy day on the good foot
10 amazing answers, 10 amazing winners. Congratulations to you, and thanks for entering!! This isn’t the last General Mills giveaway I’ve got in store – there’s something even bigger and better coming soon! Stay tuned as the 12 Days of Giveaways continues!