I love how makeup takes the spotlight during the holiday season. As we edge closer to Christmas and the beginning of a new year there’s a flurry of holiday products and they always focus on a return to beautifully made-up eyes in glitters and metallics and rich holidazzle colors, and of course super bold lips in rich, decadent berry and wine hues. I love it ALL.
Achieving the fabulous and over-the-top holiday eyemakeup look you want takes more than just the perfect eyeshadows or liners, though. It takes practice and precision. Here’s my secret weapon in the precision department — the new Precision Tips by Q-tips.
Just so you know, I’m a Q-Tips Tipster! I’ll be sharing some of the best ways to use Q-tips products. For makeup application, these Precision Tips are so perfect. Here’s how I use ‘em to help create a holiday eye.
– First things first! Half of the time that you may think you have awful undereye circles? It’s probably makeup residue. Before I even start putting on new eye makeup, I apply a little of my favorite eye makeup remover of choice and just clean up under my eye, as close to the waterline as possible. That helps my new look to be clean and sharp, and makes me look less tired!
– Everyone has their own method of putting on eye makeup, but for me it always begins by lining my waterline with (usually black) eyeliner. Here I’m using Benefit’s Bad Gal waterproof eyeliner to give me that bold black line I crave.
– THE most important thing for eyeshadow newbies to know — BLENDING is ESSENTIAL. If you’re not comfortable with using colors that are very different from each other, then consider sticking within a certain color palette. Lately I’ve been working a lot with glittery nudes – think of Urban Decay’s Naked or Naked 2 Palette, or The Balm’s Nudetude palette. For this look I used Urban Decay Naked 2. You can pretty much blend any of those colors into a flawless, very Kim Kardashian inspired gold or silver smokey eye look. To finish, I line my top lid with black eyeliner, as close to the lash line as possible. Clean-up is essential for a smokey cat’s eye kind of look, so I use Talika Lash Conditioner and a Q-tips Precision Tip to clean up the outer eye area after application.
– Does this happen to you after putting on mascara? JEEZ. I hate when this happens! You put on mascara and while one eye is totally wet, you blink too much and wind up with undereye smudge. Precision tip to the rescue!
– This is probably another post, but I’ll go ahead and share — Precision Tips also help me keep my lips in check! Here I used Black Opal’s lip pencil, which is highly pigmented and generally awesome. To get a very precise Cupid’s Bow, I used a Q-tip Precision Tips, and my FAVE lip cleansing product, Bliss Spa’s Fabulips. A little dab of that and voila!
I love these for makeup application, but as this wacky video reveals, you can ***really*** use Q-tips for ANYTHING.
And I mean anything.
You can find Q-tips new Precision Tips at your fave drugstore beauty department, or here on Amazon. Visit facebook.com/qtips! Seeing that I’m a Q-tips Tipster, expect to see more handy-dandy guides on how to make Q-tips enhance your looks and your life!
This is a sponsored post. Q-tips® product was provided by Unilever, the makers of Q-tips®; my tips and usage suggestions are my own.