On Monday January 21, we witnessed history as Barack Obama was sworn in for a second term as President of the United States of America. I voted for Obama in November and it was a truly proud moment for me as a brand new American citizen. For me, watching the inauguration today was an experience layered in emotion and significance – four years ago, the inauguration of Barack Obama indirectly led to my decision to leave my day job behind. And now four years later to be amongst the proud citizens who voted him back into office – today felt great for many reasons.
I also enjoyed watching the ceremony for many reasons – not the least of which was the fashion and beauty on display. I know the constant fawning over Michelle Obama’s fashion sense has been criticized by some, but it’s hard to help it when she looks so absolutely stunning!
Image via Styleite
Today EVERYONE is talking about Michelle Obama’s silk jacquard menswear inspired Thom Browne coat and dress – thanks to The Fashion Bomb for nailing the details! Thom Browne is both “proud and humbled.”
Image via Glamour.
She gave the coat some flair with a killer J. Crew belt which of course is already sold out and now will apparently be retired, alas. And I absolutely loved the detail of her fuchsia gloves, which were also J. Crew.
Cosign Buzzfeed — Malia and Sasha stole the show in their coordinating bright, spring, Easter colors – Malia wore a J. Crew coat and switched the buttons for ones with gold rims, while Sasha wore Kate Spade.
Pool photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images/MCT
LOVE these girls, and the photos of their expressions throughout the day were adorable and hilarious!
Dr. Jill Biden is no slouch in the fashion department – she wore Lela Rose to the inauguration, and satin Vera Wang to the ball – thanks to Glam.com for the details!
Image via The Guardian
I absolutely loved Beyonce’s dress and makeup for the inauguration ceremony – she did justice to the anthem! She looked flawless as always in her Pucci dress and Dior fur – thanks Hello Beautiful for the deets! Beyonce’s bright orange manicure was by Lisa Logan and she rocked ncLA’s I’m With The Band (thanks Solessence for that!)
Makeup artist Mally Roncal did Beyonce’s makeup, and she provided all the details (of course she used her own amazing products)!
Photo via MallyBeauty.
· To first set the skin, apply my Perfect Prep Poreless Primer all over the face and my Cancellation Concealer directly underneath the eyes.
· To achieve natural-looking coverage, first, apply my Ultimate Performance Liquid Foundation. Next, add a sweep of my NEW Diamond Unpowder that will illuminate the skin followed by brushing on my Effortless Airbrush Highlighter and Blush Duo to the cheeks in order to provide a soft, radiant glow to the skin.
· To achieve a rich, smokey eye – try my Evercolor Shadow Stick in Saddle Shimmer. Apply this all over the eyelid and underneath as well. Next, select a few shades from the Mally Beauty In the Buff Palette and sweep that onto the eyelids. Finish the look by applying a small amount of my Age Rebel Shadow Stick in Chocolate Diamond on the bottom lid right under your eyelashes to open up the eye followed by using my Lightwand Eyebrightener to the inner corners to instantly brighten this area. Lastly, to achieve this bold eyeliner at-home, try using the Mally Beauty Evercolor Starlight Eyeliner in Midnight, layered with the Ultimate Performance Ink Eyeliner (which is exclusive to QVC.com).
· Compliment this confident eye by pairing it with a mascara that will enhance the overall look – such as the Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara and/or my NEW Instant Impact Mascara. To create glossy, Beyoncé worthy lips try my High Shine Lip Gloss in Mally’s Look or Mally’s Baby.
· And last but not least, before you leave the house, apply the Mally Beauty Face Defender to lock your makeup in place and Perfect Prep Hydrating Under Eye Brightener to make the eyes pop!
And that was just the daytime fashion. Michelle Obama didn’t play games when it came to the inauguration ball! Our FLOTUS was the lady in red, resplendent in Jason Wu.
Photo via The Sassy Peach -- along with details on her shoes and accessories! I LOVE this look on our FLOTUS.
How beautiful is this?
I absolutely adored the fashion and beauty of yesterday – what was your favorite inaugural look?