My daily shower routine is a little bizarre I guess.
I like to use bar soap first, then slough my skin with a decadent, lavishly scented body wash using my trusty bath puff-thingy. And I like to have several options at the ready. How do I choose the body wash du jour? That entirely depends on the day and the vibe I want to enjoy for the next 24 hours (unless I feel like spoiling myself with an evening shower too)!
These are my top 5 current fave body washes. There’s one for every beauty lover’s taste — expensive, affordable, and every price point in between!
1. Caress Evenly Gorgeous Body Wash. OK, I’ll make it a tie with Caress Cashmere Luxury Body Wash, just because I love anything and everything vanilla! But if you have rough skin or just want really soft smooth skin, Evenly Gorgeous is the one for you. It’s infused with burnt brown sugar and karite butter to tone and exfoliate, and I gotta tell ya, it smells delish. And apparently Spoiled Pretty and Kim Kardashian agree with me!
The texture isn’t too grainy so this won’t irritate my sensitive-skinned bellas. Plus it’s affordable and here’s a bonus — coupon, anyone?
2. Bodycology Foaming Bath & Shower Gel. If you really like the kind of lush scented body washes available at Bath & Body Works and Victoria’s Secret but don’t want to break a Hamilton, check out Bodycology, a line of bath products that cost under $10 and are typically available at supermarkets and Walmart, but smell like heaven. I’ve tried a number of their scents, but I keep returning to White Gardenia and the delicious Coconut Lime, SO refreshing for summertime!
3. 100% Pure Tahiti Coconut/Vanilla Foaming Body Wash. Just because you’re into organic, pure, natural living doesn’t mean you are forever condemned to smell like patchouli and sweat! I seriously love the 100% Pure line of bath and body products. Their shower gels come in a dazzling and delicious array. This island bella goes gaga for anything vanilla or anything coconut as you’ll notice, so put them two of them together and OMG, foaming bathtime heaven!
For $15 you can cop a taste of Tahiti at Bath & Body Works. Or by clicking right here.
4. Neutrogena Rainbath is the OG of high-end drugstore goodness. Mama Bella has sworn by it for years, and when I was younger I’d occasionally sneak drips of her Rainbath for my own shower experience, just because I wanted to smell like a grown woman should! Rainbath smells fresh, clean, feminine, grown, and sexy IMO. It’s a perfect summer body wash — leaves my skin feeling very soft and lightly moisturized. And one botle can last a while if you’re judicious (and don’t have a pesky teenager stealing from ut all the time)!
5. Kai Fragrances Body Buffer, which I got from PlanetBeauty.com. Ever since I realized Kai was one of Oprah’s favorite things, it’s been on my radar. You know Oprah’s always using good stuff, and this was a no brainer for me. Hints of gardenia and white flowers, evocative of Hawaii — right up my alley!
The body buffer isn’t exactly a traditional body wash, far from it. The $36 package includes two body buffers — round, white sponge-like bath puffs that are heavily saturated with heavenly scented Kai goodness. $36 is a bit steep, but this is high-end goodness, and they’re guaranteed to last at least 30 showers (more if you save them and let em dry out between uses). Soak the buffer, scrub your skin, then smell yourself. Mmmmmm! For even more scent, follow up with the body lotion and the perfume oil. Believe me when I say, someone will ask you about the delicious scent you’re wearing if you rock this stuff.
Whew! I didn’t realize I had so many delicious shower scents at the ready. What’s your favorite body wash? I’m always down to try something new!