Who’s ready for a giveaway? It’s been a minute, bellas!
It’s summer in Chicago, it’s insanely hot, and between the extreme temperatures and all the travel, my hair has been going THROUGH it. I couldn’t wait to get back from New Orleans and my Essence Music Fest adventures, to wash the Nawlins heat and humidity out of my hair with my full sized arsenal of Nothing But hair care products. Nothing But made the EMF experience possible – click here to see my two previous posts, Nothing But Fun at Essence Music Fest, and Nothing But Natural Beauty!
Nothing But Hair Care is all about eliminating the ingredients that weigh your hair down and leave it looking unhealthy and lifeless. No petrolatum, mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, colorants or phthalates. For the many naturalistas who are into good for you hair products with concerns about ingredients, Nothing But is what the game has been missing. Even their website is a breath of fresh air – every product comes with detailed breakdowns of the ingredients, explaining what each item does. I’ve had the pleasure of trying out almost all of the products and I’ve got some that are definite favorites. And five lucky Afrobella readers can win a prize pack of my favorites!
Let me break down which Nothing But products have been the best for my hair’s needs, and how I use them.
– My favorite. When my scalp feels grimy and my hair looks limp from heat and heavy products, this is my go-to. After all the humidity of New Orleans, this was the first product I yearned for to wash the weekend out of my hair. Cleansing without stripping your scalp of all moisture, this is a great shampoo for bellas looking for extra scalp TLC. I use it fortnightly, just for that deep clean my hair needs.
– OK so I hope by now you guys know that I’m not the one for any kind of intricate natural hairstyle. I pretty much let it do what it does and rock a wash and go on the daily. This is a product that people either love or hate, and for me it works best when used off label. I don’t use this for a wash and go as is, I use this in place of shampoo after working out, and then follow up with a heavy, thick conditioner, like the Intense Healing Mask.
– my hair requires regular deep conditioning, and this has been making my hair so happy this summer. I like the the consistency, it’s got a light and refreshing scent, and it makes detangling a breeze.
– not everyone’s natural hair loves glycerine, but mine sure does! Glycerine based sprays help my hair retain moisture and especially with this summer heat, I NEED that. When my hair’s had it up to here with heat and humidity, the wake up spray helps to bring my bounce factor back to life.
– So many products are devoted to curls, but for some naturals, it isn’t about that. I’ve found that many products that tout their curl-enhancing properties don’t deliver as promised. Nothing But’s product is more devoted to retaining your hair’s moisture, and when I do twist my hair, I like this product for sealing .
Those are the products in my Nothing But Hair prize pack! How do you enter, how do you win?
Leave a comment right here telling me which product you want to try the most and why, and we’ll choose 5 winners! The contest will officially close on August 6. Good luck!!!!
Edited – and the comments are closed. Good luck, bellas!!
This contest is sponsored by Nothing But Hair products and prize fulfillment will be taken care of at their discretion. Contest is open to entries within the United States. Contestants must be over age 18.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Afrobella Hair Favorites Giveaway | Natural Hair Curl Talk | August 4, 2012
- Nothing But Winners!! | Afrobella | August 10, 2012